Nameless School & Cemetery Park

The Nameless School & Cemetery Park is a small neighborhood park managed by a non-profit community group. Nameless, a former community located near modern-day Lago Vista, was settled in the 1860s. Eventually, the residents petitioned for a post office; after several applications with name suggestions were rejected, the locals decided to name their community Nameless. The post office opened in 1880 but was discontinued in 1890 due to a lack of growth in population. The buildings of the town were torn down or fell into disrepair over the years.  The Nameless school house, a one-room building built in 1909, is the only structure from Nameless that exists today.